TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Pen Styles in Inspector V.7
Read 623 times
* February 20, 2018, 04:05:57 PM
I have two problems with Pen Styles in Inspector in V.7

One concerns the Delete and the Modify Function at the top of the Styles list.  How do you get the Delete function to work - it's supposed to delete user-defined styles but seems to do absolutely nothing, so what am I doing wrong?  The Modify function brings up a box to enter parameters in, including name, but if you put the name of the Pens Style you created and now want to modify, it just says 'Duplicate Name'.  So how do I use the Modify function?

The other problem concerns assigning a linestyle to a layer in TurboCad Explorer.  Clicking a particular linestyle selects the style two styles up in the list, not the one clicked.  So what's going on here, how do I sort that?

I would really like to delete some line styles I don't like, modify some I do like, and choose the style I like to assign to a layer, but what is wrong?

Thank for any help,
Chris

* February 20, 2018, 06:01:12 PM

How do you get the Delete function to work

Select the style to be deleted in the Style data box then in the drop-down menu click on delete, the data in the pen properties box does not update until a new style is selected.

So how do I use the Modify function?

If you are modifying then there is no need to change the name. Just change the attributes and click on apply then Ok.

Clicking a particular linestyle selects the style two styles up in the list, not the one clicked.

I think this is a problem I documented for build 1092, are the default styles Thick and Thin also missing? If so upgrade to build 1109, the current version of V7 found on the TurboCAD web site under support -> TurboCAD Mac. Upgrading will require re-entering your sn# and activation code so have them handy.

Enjoy
Mitch

* February 21, 2018, 02:33:43 AM
Well thanks Mitch, have tried both delete and modify options and they both worked this morning, which is good as they didn't before so some progress.  Thick and Thin options were missing but now are in the predetermined list.  I have recently upgraded from 1103 to 1109, although the serial number was valid the original activation key didn't work but needed a new key, it then activated.

However, selecting a custom or user-defined linestyle in Explorer still is bringing in a style 2 up the list.  My trial today I have just one user-defined linestyle - rest been deleted.  In Explorer that linestyle appears under the line 'construction' in the pop out box.  Clicking on my linestyle gives the style Thin even though on the Explorer box it doesn't even list, although it does - along with 'Thick' - in the Inspector list, which is strange.   My only way round it at the moment is to create two dummy linestyles after the ones I want to use, and then deliberately click two down the list from the one I want in Explorer, which is not right.  Not sure what else I can do.

Chris

* February 21, 2018, 10:55:50 PM
I downloaded build 1109 just to see what the issue is and sure enough, the Inspector pen properties was fixed but not the layer pen styles drop-down menu. The choices you have are to upgrade to V10 or continue using your work around. Wish I had a better answer for you.

Enjoy
Mitch

* February 22, 2018, 02:27:23 AM
That's great Mitch, at least I know what the problem is and where it lies.  The work around is no big deal to do.

I aim to upgrade to V.10 but am leaving it a month or so; hopefully by then the UK versions should not have any issues with High Sierra so I can upgrade to that too.

Thanks again Mitch,

Chris