TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

file error TC-Pro 1359
Read 978 times
February 26, 2018, 01:30:00 PM
I installed today the TC-PRO V10 -1359.
The download I got from the link in this forum.

When I start  TC10_pro
I got the following error…

File error
This file appears to be generated from an educational version of the software. Educational file version do not read into commercial versions product id= 1

I'm still working in "Sierra". not in "High-Sierra"

who can help.?

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* February 26, 2018, 04:49:43 PM
Did you double-click to open without TCMac already loaded vs with it already open?

The former has caused that in the past.

Opening from the Get File dialog (File -> Open) works as expected though.

February 27, 2018, 11:04:47 AM
I think I have solved it.

1) first I deleted the registration in  library/application support/ ....
2) then downloaded the Upgrade again.
3) installed the upgrade
4) reenter my licentie key.

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

February 28, 2018, 06:38:32 AM
finally it didn't solve the problem.
When I click (once) on the icon in the "dock" to start TC-PRO V10
and it opens automatic a blank page ; then I got the error.

Also I got the error  if I opens an already made file under previous version by double click on the file name.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:41:29 AM by beagle »

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* February 28, 2018, 12:20:58 PM
The error is saying your previous program was an educational version and the files are not compatible with the commercial version. Try to Import your file ( File > Import > TurboCAD Pro ) and see if that works, if not contact sales@imsidesign.com for help.

Enjoy
Mitch

February 28, 2018, 12:27:48 PM
Mitch ,
It is at the moment that TC is loaded and started in the Mac  that I got this message.
started without any file or started with a file or double click on a file. it does not matters. I got the error message. Strange that no-one else with V1359 has that problem. I work in "Sierra" and not in "High Sierra"
After TC is loaded and started I can open any old drawings an got not the message.

but I shall contact imsi
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:32:27 PM by beagle »

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* February 28, 2018, 12:51:12 PM
I'm using Sierra also. Where did you download the program from? Was it the link on the IMSI website, from an e-mail or here in the patches & upgrades thread? My version is from the Patches & Upgrade forum link, so try downloading using that link and doing a clean install.

You are the first to report this problem, considering that you get the error before even trying to load a file, very strange. If that doesn't clear it up contact IMSI.

Enjoy
Mitch

February 28, 2018, 10:25:06 PM
as I said in the first message, I got the link here in this forum in the patches and upgrades thread.
only option left = clean install.

I have send this to IMSI also, waiting for an answer.
Strange that I'm the only one with this  problem.

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* March 02, 2018, 02:56:13 PM
as I said in the first message,

Sorry, I missed that.

Has IMSI helped you out yet and have you been able to do a clean install?

Enjoy
Mitch

March 03, 2018, 12:04:06 AM
 Hoi Mich

Clean install didn't solve the problem.
1) it is because of the presence of startup.dat file in the resource map that caused the problem
2) Tim  (encore.com) is looking for a new build ..something in the recent changes, are causing the message.

Beta tester- EazyCNC