TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Moving an object
Read 546 times
* February 27, 2018, 11:04:11 AM
How do I move an object after selecting it, without the center mark causing other objects to move along with it? I am not sure it's called a center mark, but after selecting an object near the center of a drawing, a small red square appears which I am assuming is some kind of center mark. How do I turn that off?

* March 07, 2018, 01:24:52 PM
I guess I missed this question.

A red square is usually a control point. That would mean control points are turned on (default is hidden) or you selected using the "Select Deep" tool. Control points hidden or visible is in the Inspector Attributes tab or under "Edit" -> "Show Points".

For moving could you post an example? I would like to know if you are moving 2D or 3D objects. Moving objects in 3D space may be better using the gripper because it constrains the move to one axis. Simply dragging or using the translation tool is also an option. A sample drawing would allow me to advise you better.

Enjoy
Mitch

* March 07, 2018, 02:43:18 PM
Mitch,
Attached is a drawing where if I try to move the drawing, not the border, it will drag part of the border with it. How to do I select the drawing and move it independently of anything else?

* March 07, 2018, 04:47:05 PM
The two border rectangles are filled polygons even though the fill is set to hide, so the program thinks you are selecting the fill along with the drawing which in turn drags the polygons. The fix is easy, select the two polygons and under the "Edit" menu, click on "Change Object Type". Select "Lines" then Ok.

As a general rule set the rectangle tool to "Single Line" unless of course you want a filled (Smart) polygon.

Enjoy
Mitch