TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Views not connected?
Read 761 times
* March 02, 2018, 04:31:19 AM
I am using V10 on an up to date version of High Sierra. Iam getting a discount t between the isometric and plan views  All looks Ok in isometric but disjoint in the other views.  Am I missing an update to either the system or CAD?  I attach two screen shots to show the problem.

* March 02, 2018, 02:51:29 PM
As I said in the other thread you started on this subject, the part is not where you think it is. Use the dynamic rotate tool to move the view around and watch how it moves relative to the box. Imagining where things are in 3D space can be challenging.

Enjoy
Mitch

* March 03, 2018, 06:47:12 AM
I have done that.  When I place a slab between the two sides from the right view , the slab sits between the sides and on the bottom slab.  I would therefore expect it to only be out of place in the axis vertical to its face as seen in this view.  However when I chose the front view  it is not only displaced along what is now the horizontal but along the vertical axis as well!?  What am I doing wrong??

Ajay

* March 03, 2018, 11:55:48 AM
Please post your drawing for us to look at. I can't tell where in 3D space the objects are from a 2D image. If there is a problem with the program I can document it and refer the issue to the developers.

Enjoy
Mitch

* March 05, 2018, 04:15:06 AM
Mitch
Please find attached all views of the object.
Many Thanks
Ajay

* March 05, 2018, 06:07:19 PM
I would have to say the isometric view is right. Since the square part is 1/2 way out the back and midway in height, I hope some other users here will take a look and offer an opinion, but I think the drawing is right. Move the square part with the hole in it to the correct location using the top and front views, then check the isometric view. Moving parts in an isometric view is very difficult without a reference point to snap to. As an example, placing a cabinet on a wall in isometric view without a point to snap to is a hopeless task.

Enjoy
Mitch

* March 06, 2018, 03:59:37 AM
Mitch
Many thanks.When in the four view mode I could manipulate the block in any of the views until it all matched up.  Not very user friendly but it worked.  Results attached.
Regards. Ajay