TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

How to paste to plane
Read 729 times
* March 27, 2018, 09:42:58 AM
I would like to know how to paste to plane, not snap to plane. Is there a difference?

* March 28, 2018, 12:05:34 PM
Could you explain this a little better, I'm not sure what you mean?
Could you post a sample drawing?

Enjoy
Mitch

* March 29, 2018, 10:14:54 AM
Mitch,
I am not sure what I mean either :). I think the problem I am having while drawing in 3D, while in a particular view is that some of the objects end up being in different view depths instead of on the same plane. Maybe that is because I am not starting the drawing on the origin in some cases, so that when I shift to a left or right view, the objects that I drew are out of alignment. For example, if I draw some 3D objects with depth on the z axis, when I rotate to the x axis or y axis the objects that I drew on the z axis appear are out of plane to each other, if that makes sense. Therefore, how do I make sure that when I draw multiple 3D objects on any of the different axis' that they stay on the same plane of depth?

March 29, 2018, 07:17:23 PM
Generally, I use some guide lines- extensions of "shown axis" to assist me.

* March 29, 2018, 07:43:25 PM
I want to know if you are using primitives or extruding 2D geometry. From the gist of your question, I'm thinking primitives. In my example screenshot I have three blocks, left is a two-point, middle block is a one-point, and right is a block diagonal. One and two point blocks are drawn relative to their center point, but the diagonal is edge oriented. Changing the view makes their outer edges look out of alignment but the center point location is correct. Extruding 2D geometry allows the geometry to be placed exactly where you want it and then be extruded, on the other hand, a primitive can easily be moved if you aren't sure where the center point is.

Enjoy
Mitch