TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Edit Dimensions of an object?
Read 558 times
* April 15, 2018, 06:39:48 PM
In my screenshot example, the 3D object started as two squares, one within the other before using the push/pull tool to lengthen it to produce a square tube that is 4x4x24.

Once it's been made into that, is it still possible to see the values that make up the 4" aspects of it?

In other words, I want to make another one that is 8" x 8" x 24. I can use the gripper on X and Y each with a scale of 2. But I can't find where that 4", and now 8" value is referenced. all I see is the distance of 24". 

April 15, 2018, 08:41:40 PM
Myself, I rarely use the push/pull. I go with extruding a length,after i get single lines captured. I did use push/pull 2x, on a move face scenario. I would copy and adjust the length- unless all datas are needed, then build a 2nd unit. I use both the inspector and thw status boxes on the top, depends on which I can"grab" faster! :D

* April 16, 2018, 02:13:38 PM
The tube was created using the push/pull tool, if you look in the Inspector in the title bar above the icons you will see "move face". The push/pull tool moved the face 24" so the only data known to this tool is the distance moved. The 4 X 4 side data is known to the polygon. Similarity the scale tool is used it only knows the scale change as shown in the scale data box.

Another thing to note is using a smart polygon for the base geometry does not create associativity with the tube. Selecting the polygon and scaling it will change the rectangle but the tube will not resize with it. You can also move the polygon and again the tube will not follow it. Use the single line rectangle to establish associativity, selecting the eight lines of the two rectangles and scaling them will make both OD and ID scale with them and moving them will also move the tube.

To make a copy with the gripper scale tool, hold down the option key, select the block, then grab and drag the gripper scale tool.

The Pipe tool has a rectangle option that can be used for making tubes.

Enjoy
Mitch