TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Extend tool not working
Read 340 times
* June 10, 2018, 12:47:52 PM
Using TurboCad Mac Designer V10. Cannot get the extend tool to function at all. When it prompts to select curve end to extend, I can never select an end. I am trying to use this on a straight line.

Luke W

* June 10, 2018, 03:37:13 PM
You didn't say which option you are trying to use. Extend to curve, extend by distance, or extend dynamically. The Extend to Curve has you select the curve to extend to first and selects it, then you click on the end of the line to be extended, the line doesn't highlight but the drawing assistant will display an "on" when you are on the line. Extend By Distance will open a Distance data box in the prompt window, enter the distance there and click on the line. Extend Dynamically will highlight the line when selected, just grab the line end and drag it. The linear option will make you drag the extension straight in alignment with the original line. Quadric will result in an arc/circle, Cubic will give a combination of arcs and lines.

One other note for Pro and deluxe users when using the "Extend To Curve" option is the line to be extended and the curve to be extended to must be planar.

Enjoy
Mitch

* June 11, 2018, 08:48:09 AM
Thanks. I did not see the option boxes at the top of the screen. Works perfectly.