TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Rendering Software for TurboCad
Read 300 times
* June 21, 2018, 11:54:42 AM
Hi All - TurboCad Mac has excellent rendering but I'd like to do more in the way of architectural presentations. Is there a rendering package that runs on TurboCad Mac Pro V10 that can offer more options for materials/furniture and landscaping? Also, is there a way to import objects from sites like 3D Warehouse?
I looked around and Lightworks looks like they have a good rendering package but I think it's only useful for TurboCad on the PC. Something like that for the Mac would be a good find.

Please let me know if you know of anything that can expand the options for photo-realistic rendering, thanks!

* June 21, 2018, 01:29:09 PM
If you look in your Window drop-down menu you will see something called Keyshot. This is an interface to a rendering program by the same name. Take a look at the Keyshot videos on YouTube and go to their site to see what they offer. The basic program is around US$1000 so do your homework before you buy, there is a free trial offer. Another choice is Blender. Blender is free and the only complaint I have heard is it has a steep learning curve, again YouTube is a good place to see it in action. Lightworks is the rendering engine in TurboCAD but it is an older version.

Enjoy
Mitch

* June 21, 2018, 02:41:24 PM
Thx very much Mitch!