TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Layer pen style / color problem
Read 229 times
* October 01, 2018, 02:59:26 PM
I'm using Turbocad 9.0.0 on Yosemite 10.10.5 and have the following problem:

No matter what colors I assign to my layers in Explorer, the colors change if I change the pen style.  For instance I have a layer named "thread" and I've chosen blue as the color.  If I change the pen style to "center" the objects turn green.  If I change the pen style to "dash" the objects turn yellow.  If I change the pen style to "hidden" the objects turn red.

Nothing I try to do in the Inspector remedies this.

This is a real pain, as I have my own color scheme that I have used for 25 years or so, and don't intend to change now.  I need for the objects to be the color I choose and the line style that I choose.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Henry J.

* October 01, 2018, 10:54:56 PM
I have V9 build 1204 and cannot duplicate this problem. If you don't have the current V9 build please upgrade. The layer color overrides the assigned pen color so all objects on a colored layer are displayed in the layer's color. Is this something that was working and now isn't? Have you just installed this?

Enjoy
Mitch

If you need an upgrade link, let me know which version you need, designer, deluxe, or pro and I will post it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 11:00:27 PM by mitchb »

* October 02, 2018, 10:36:33 AM
This is Deluxe, build 1181, installed in March of 2016.

This quirk has been ongoing, I think, since the beginning but I never noticed how pervasive it is until recently.

I always draw centerlines in yellow.  I don't usually change the line style while I'm drawing because I know what it is.  I only change the line style for printing.  Then it turns green but it doesn't matter so I never pursued the issue.

I never noticed that the "hidden" line style turns red because I always draw hidden lines in red anyway.

Only now, when I wanted a "dash" line on a blue layer did I realize that the line styles have their own colors that seem to override my chosen colors.

And a funny thing:  today when I opened the drawing, the lines on the layer "thread" are now blue dashed lines (what I wanted to begin with), even though the Explorer shows the line style to be "none".

So...let me know what I need to do.

Thanks

* October 02, 2018, 06:55:23 PM
today when I opened the drawing, the lines on the layer "thread" are now blue dashed lines (what I wanted to begin with), even though the Explorer shows the line style to be "none".

A line can have a color assigned to it as seen in the Inspector "Object Properties"-" attribute tab". Setting a layer color doesn't change this, it overrides it and displays it as the layer color, removing the layer color will make the line display as its assigned color.

The current released version of TC Deluxe V9 is here:

https://www.turbocad.com/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=102

To install and activate this you will need your serial number and activation code.

Enjoy
Mitch