TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Solids not splitting
Read 31 times
October 12, 2018, 10:17:31 PM
I have rerun this file section 4 times now, and I can't get a split. I've extended the lines/ splitting surface to outside of the (tip section) to get the previously working mode, earlier, I got a split, but not without a gap= inconsistent xx the answer. it seems when there is an improper split surface, it likes that, but doesn't like what I have. ( High Sierra) I'm also finding the blackened jpg problem has been running for a year ( not our problem, just extra indo)
Johnny

* October 13, 2018, 12:11:56 PM
It doesn't like the arc you have between the two flat sections of the surface. I trimmed it out and connected the two flat surfaces at a right angle, that worked. You also have an extra part in there that I pulled out.

Enjoy
Mitch

October 13, 2018, 03:42:40 PM
Opps- I thought I had eft that piece out!
 Thanks Mitch! I realized, when you said what you did, I forgot to look @ the line directions!
brb! :D

October 13, 2018, 05:43:16 PM
OK, I did some edit undo's, taken @ 15 steps backwards, (before direction change) When I added the surfaces together, I got the split I wanted.
Then I did my other split, ( which has worked before as a single surface, multiple lines, and got an EXtreme crash/ freeze up when trying to take a screenshot.I do a restart, and the finder was the item frozen, so I pulled the plug and restarted.I then tried a new split captured the warning, and found that multiple line extrudes won't split for me!
 I can send a crash report if needed/ wanted= of everything!

October 14, 2018, 07:44:53 PM
I have a vid showing new stuff, same items!
Johnny

* October 14, 2018, 10:26:20 PM
I can only guess with images, why don't you use infinite planes for this work? So much easier, in conjunction with the gripper you can scale (to see it better), rotate, and move. Try it, you will fall in love!!

Enjoy
Mitch

October 15, 2018, 05:27:19 AM
because theplits needed will be the final shape of the ribs.

October 15, 2018, 12:36:56 PM
Sorry Mitch! I've got too much srtress goin' on to focus! I was thinkin' the other splits! Ya won lots of points if that gripper will get the I Plane enlarged! There are 10's of airfoil programs out there, which draw ribs, but now, withthe new f3RES birds, the new construction method is with a XX diameter carbon tube for the spar, and most frequently 2 'half ribs' in between the main ribs. about the only ( previously) times I used infinite planes was to construct ( Sarah's) fuselage sides,  on a 45 degree plane, for a 5 surfaced fuse, which would final sand to roundness. ( which is why the flatten/ unroll tool is so valuable to me) I have a crazy puppy who demands to go to the puppy park in a car with a busted window regulator, leaking coolant system which Tires Plus can't figure out, but the 'biggie' now is a plugged sink and a very sick wife! Thanks for your patience!
 ( my general sequencing is 2D Planforming, then 'foil importing/ and then 3D for building the ribs for the laser files.( so I keep working those lines instead of 'adding' more entities( I Planes)
Tormentyalater!    Johnny

* October 15, 2018, 02:41:55 PM
No offense taken Johnny, I wish your wife a speedy recovery. Good luck with the sink. I know what you mean about car problems, my wife's car had a check engine light that I took to a local shop for repair. When they plugged in their test gear they blew the engine computer, dealer only fix for $2000. Found a guy on the net that would swap it for $200, okay, I replaced it and got back to the original problem which turned out to be bad spark plugs.

When building surfaces for splitting take care that they are valid surfaces when you're done.

October 15, 2018, 03:05:16 PM
Yes I will! ( check surfaces) So I'm changin' the color of my car right?-- and when I'm about to head out, the ( @ Auto repair shop) manager pushes the window button, and it's busted! 1 of the same hassles I'm livin' with now- so I tell the  (borderline condition) Wife when I just get home, about how also, the title was reissued 2 years ago, and the one in my hand is the wrong one!  So as a 'normal life' moment, once again the world explodes! :D   I do have a double big jug of Drano tho! :D
more torments coming!  :D