TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

TCMPro v11 Crash on Photorendering
Read 406 times
* November 18, 2018, 09:59:13 AM
Running TCMPro v11 trial on Mojave I am getting a consistent crash when photorendering with Anti-Alaising turned on. Using a file created in v10 and rendering the full object with multiple layers and textures consisting of Metallic Paint, Polished Metals and Wood Varnish, the program will ALWAYS crash if the layers with Wood or any tiled texture is in the render. Each layer will render just fine if rendered alone but when showing with other layers, it will crash. The view is set to Perspective with a 300 foot VP and the crash is always repeatable. If the view is set to plain Left Side for example, it will render but skip a few lines and then hang with a spinning beach ball. Tech support tried to replicate the issue using my file with no success so there must be an app setting or window layout or something on my machine they are not replicating to see the crash and apparently that's all the help they will provide.

Is anyone else having trouble photorendering certain textures with Anti-Aliasing turned on in v11 on Mojave? Any suggestions on what to look for in the Crash Report text?

Thanks in advance

November 18, 2018, 02:50:49 PM
I'm on High Sierra, so I'll give 'my render= my avatar a try with your settings

* November 18, 2018, 03:06:18 PM
What is the possibility that you are running out of memory? Could you post your crash file? I don't have a copy of V11 yet, waiting to see if IMSI will provide one to the beta testers. Your console file could also provide some info on the failure. Let me look at the crash file first, I'm not all that good at it but I might be able to pick out something.

Enjoy
Mitch

* November 18, 2018, 09:40:05 PM
My experience with running out of memory in more recent OS X releases has been dialogs coming up prompting to quit various applications, none of that phantom stuff from back when where it just started acting squirrelly.

* November 19, 2018, 08:40:43 AM
I doubt it is memory since I've got 24GB on the board.

I just ran the "freeze" error where it freezes instead of outright crashing and the Activity Monitor shows TCMPro using 1.18GB of RAM but is taking 196% of the CPUs so it's clearly overwhelming the system on the render somewhere.

On the outright crash error (which I can trigger by zooming in tighter on the entity before render), the data dump is attached:

* November 19, 2018, 08:58:02 PM
I would think that tech support could duplicate this error, this is surely a program bug. A segmentation fault occurs when the program accesses a bit of memory where nothing program wise exists. Say an object had been there but was released or accessing an array at a position past the array. Reading over at Stackoverflow indicates "Segmentation Fault 11" is most likely a compiler error.

Is there somewhere you could post your drawing for us to download for testing?

Enjoy
Mitch

* November 22, 2018, 06:09:57 AM
Resolved. Tech Support continued to work on this and found there was an error in the render engine of the early trial versions. I have updated and found no problems so far with any renderings.

November 22, 2018, 03:18:00 PM
That's great Kidigin! I had a strange force quit on my High Sierra a couple days ago, I haven't reopened, I'm ho[ing I havent destroyed 7 years of work! ( once a file save here with V11, there is no going back to older versions!
Thanks Travis!
( I know- I had called ya Todd somewhere here!  :-[

* November 22, 2018, 05:13:56 PM
Glad to hear support was able to find the problem.

Johnny,

there is no going back to older versions!

Yes you can. Select under "File" "Export" then TurboCAD Pro and version, back you go.

Enjoy
Mitch

December 11, 2018, 03:26:05 PM
I have a crash report @ the beta froup for the same with High Sierra: My crash was instant= as soon as I touched the 'render' tool:> bang=dead.