TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Dimensions are off when drawing walls in TC MAC 10
Read 18 times
* December 08, 2018, 11:44:15 AM
I am new to TC Mac but have gone through the user's manual and tutorials that seem to be lacking in detail.  When drawing multiple walls using the data entry cell and explicitly specifying wall lengths, the wall dimensions display differently than what I specified.  Sometimes the shown dimension is like 4 inches shorter than what I specified for an interior multiple wall.  I can not figure out why this is happening or how to correct it.

The second problem I am having is achieving wall length resolution accuracy.  For example, when drawing a wall, even using the data entry cell or precision point, the dimension displayed is not exactly what I typed into the dy or dx cells.  For example, frequently if I specify a wall length of 17'-10 11/16" the dimension will display 17'-10 5/8".  It will not display the 11/16" fractional resolution or accuracy that I specify.  What is causing this and how do I correct this?

December 08, 2018, 03:09:56 PM
Hi Disego! welcome to the forum!
If your going to use mostly architectural, go into your preferences and set as you need. Myself, I'm not that much architectural, but the settings have the same 'rules' Set up as you require inside the parameters, (found under "TurboCAD" in the top left corner ( notice the cursor arrow in the pic).
The other setting is within the Inspector, which will give you a "fine tuning" with fonts and dimensioning requirements. The default is with 3 digits, and rough dimensioning.

* December 08, 2018, 05:46:02 PM
Hi disego,

If you are using the center line wall tool then it measures to the center of the wall. Turn of "Auto Trim" to see where the wall is measured. You also have inside and outside wall tools that will change where the wall is measured.

Your second issue is caused by rounding up/down. When using feet/inches set the resolution to 1/64 or 1/128. I know that sounds like overkill for architectural work but if you copy drag a lot it will hold down the accumulated error.

Enjoy
Mitch