TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

No control over imported image
Read 326 times
* December 22, 2018, 07:48:03 AM
Hi All
I'm using Mac Deluxe v10 build 1312
I am trying to import a logo into a TC drawing. I have jpeg, AI, PSD and PNG versions of the logo.
No matter what version I import, I cannot do anything with it. I can't move it, resize it and if the background is translucent then that goes away and I get a white background.
Is it possible to do the things I want to do with these versions? If so, please assist on how.

* December 23, 2018, 10:41:32 PM
Hi Maplehead,

I'm using Mac Deluxe v10 build 1312

The current build is 1359. You can upgrade here in the Patches & Upgrades thread.

Is it possible to do the things I want to do with these versions?

After importing click on one of the edges, this will select the image as a picture in the Inspector. Once selected you can resize in the inspector data tab or using the Gripper tool. Moving can be done using the Gripper or grabbing and dragging. To trace click on transparency under the display tab.

The transparent background check box is of limited use.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 26, 2018, 08:40:43 AM
So I tried everything I could think of using Adobe Photoshope and another graphic app called Inkscape. No image file would work. They all imported at half the size. I then tried the free trial of Adobe Illustrator and got the same results with png, AI and jpg imports. I made an dxf or dwg export in AI and that finally worked.

* December 26, 2018, 10:44:40 AM
No image file would work. They all imported at half the size.

Enable the Gripper, import the image and click on the edge. Grab and drag a yellow block on the gripper to resize, use the gripper arrows to move. The Inspector data tab can also be used to resize the image.

Enjoy
Mitch

December 26, 2018, 11:53:02 AM
Sorry guys! I tried posting during the weekend, but the server was locked up! There is also a High Sierra situation which about 1 % of pics on various ( RC Groups) sites comes up black. It's something in the HS reading of a 'unsecure' source is all we could figure out. It may be that this file is one of those.