TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Applescript dictionary for TurboCad Designer 4
Read 1978 times
* September 21, 2009, 04:01:26 PM
Hi,
I am a new user to TurboCad and a new member of this forum, but I've been around CAD for some time.  I'd like to use Applescript to automate the drawing functions.  It gets a little tedious to draw the same lines over and over again.  Sure, I can make template drawings that have the title blocks and general layout ready to go for different paper sizes, but I'd really like to run some scripts to generate the technical parts of the drawing as well.

I don't see any built-in functionality with Applescript.  Sheesh, even TextEdit has a Dictionary.  I see that the Windows Pro Version has the SDK available, costs way more too.  I am assuming that no automation is available.  Is there another Mac version available.

If that's the case, it's really a shame and I'm not likely to spend hours manually drawing lines and text over and over again.  Does anyone have any comments or suggestions before I start looking for another drafting app.  ???

* September 23, 2009, 08:37:43 AM
I have forward this question about Apple scripting to the product manager and the development team. I was told TurboCAD for Mac does not currently have this capability for scripting.