TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Why does the drawing turn RED?
Read 60 times
* January 28, 2019, 03:50:20 AM
Not really a problem, as I can get out of it, but a nuisance all the same.

Every now and again, I will select something on a drawing, or draw a line, circle or whatever, and the whole drawing goes RED!  Have no idea why, if anyone can shed some light on this I would be grateful.

Am using V.11 on Mojave, but it happened on V.7 on Sierra too before.

I get out of it by clicking somewhere on the drawing, or selecting another drawing tool and start another whatever that tool does, or some similar such action.  Just damn annoying!

Chris

* January 28, 2019, 11:13:58 AM
All the objects in the drawing going red means you have "Selected All". If you double click with the select arrow active then you have "Selected All". This is an undocumented feature of the select tool and I suspect you double clicked or your system has detected a double click. Clicking in an empty spot in the drawing deselects all.

Enjoy
Mitch

* January 28, 2019, 12:11:42 PM
Thanks Mitch, I will try that.

Interesting you say it's an "undocumented feature", no wonder I got caught out!  If they fit features why don't they say, make it clear, instead of letting folks go on  thinking they have a problem with their package.  Wonder too how many others have and not been aware.

Not aware myself of double clicking, but will watch that in future.  Thank again for the advice.

Chris

* January 28, 2019, 01:05:00 PM
While we are on the subject of "Select All", I would like to mention that right-clicking on an empty place in the drawing will bring up a submenu that will allow a selection of objects to select.

I discovered the selection arrow double-click feature in Tim Olson's book "ViaCAD Tips and Tricks". This program could use some better documentation.

Enjoy
Mitch