TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Importing AutoCAD .dwg files
Read 364 times
* February 01, 2019, 04:42:19 PM
I have a large number of files in .dwg format which I want to view. They are likely to be a mixture of 2D and 3D drawings.

I am using TurboCAD Mac Pro 10. I have searched the manual and it makes it sound as though importing .dwg files should be possible, but some of what is written there is very confusing to me. I wonder if anyone can help?

Andrew

February 01, 2019, 04:48:50 PM
Hi Andrew! welcome to the party!
 Under <File> then import, and then you can sub even finer designations.(pic)
Johnny

* February 04, 2019, 11:37:11 PM
I have a large number of files in .dwg format which I want to view. They are likely to be a mixture of 2D and 3D drawings.

I am using TurboCAD Mac Pro 10. I have searched the manual and it makes it sound as though importing .dwg files should be possible, but some of what is written there is very confusing to me. I wonder if anyone can help?

Andrew
Andrew,
Yes, you can import DWG/DWF file formats in TurboCAD Mac Pro v10. Go to File > Import > and choose DWG from the list and click OK. You can also utilize some import settings while importing.

IMSI Design
Support Engineer

* February 12, 2019, 12:41:05 PM
Many thanks for the guidance.

I have succeeded in importing .dwg drawings and they appear with all the dimensions and other information - but no lines. This at least means I know what they are but is hardly a satisfactory final result.

I have decided to use a dedicated .dwg viewer ap to produce pdfs of the drawings, so I have a workaround.

Andrew

* February 12, 2019, 06:04:16 PM
Could you post a sample dwg file for us to test? Is it possible that the line color is the same as your background and blending in?

Enjoy
Mitch