TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Creating a new standard
Read 2184 times
* October 08, 2009, 08:05:19 AM
To create a new standard select dimensions in the main menu then select Standard Settings. In Standard Settings select and make the necessary changes to the standards then select save as, create a new name then select OK. Once this is completed close the Standard Settings box. To select the new standards go to the main menu and select dimensions then in the drop down menu select standards. In the standards menu select the new standard to be used.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 07:32:31 AM by Monizuka »

December 31, 2015, 09:07:32 AM
To create a new standard select dimensions in the main menu then select Standard Settings. In Standard Settings select and make the necessary changes to the standards then select save as, create a new name then select OK. Once this is completed close the Standard Settings box.
Ok I have done this and have now a standard called Erik.

To select the new standards go to the main menu and select dimensions then in the drop down menu select standards. In the standards menu select the new standard to be used.
This I don't understand.

Q- what do you call main menu where I must select dimensions.

Q-  how I make my new standard= "Erik"  the default one in TC.

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* December 31, 2015, 03:01:36 PM
Beagle,

The post you are quoting is from late 2009. It is in reference to TCM V4 where Dimensions was a menu item. Dimension has now been moved to the Inspector palette but the principle is still the same. After creating a new standard and clicking done, return to the Standards dropdown and select your new standard to make it active. If you have assigned this standard to an existing dimension then right click on it and in the popup menu click on "Make Default". Otherwise, make a dimension, right click and set default.

Custom standards are now saved in the program for use in other drawings in the StdDim.ini file. Library -> Application Support -> com.imsi.turbocadmacpro9ESD.

Enjoy
Mitch