TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Anyone running a .tc3 to .tcp conversion service?
Read 194 times
* September 13, 2019, 08:28:48 AM
I've got a bunch of old .tc3 files (and really old ClarisCad files, for that matter) that I need to revisit, but I don't have TCad v6 available any more - that old computer is long gone.  Other forum posts had links to download v6, but these now return the dreaded "404 - page not found" error; I'm waiting to hear back from IMSI tech support to see if they can still make this available (their original response was "try v11 build 1441"), but I'm not overly hopeful.

Is anyone out there who still has v6 available (if there is anyone) willing to run some file conversions for me?  I can put the files up in Dropbox for you (nothing proprietary in any of them).  Or has anyone reverse-engineered the .tc3 file format so I can blow the dust off my programming hat and try to write a dedicated TC3-to-DXF or TC3-to-SAT converter?

>>Computers were invented to help people waste more time faster<<

* September 14, 2019, 10:16:18 PM
Sorry but I trashed my V6 a while back. I see there is a copy of TC V4 on eBay for $10. The original code was written by Ashlar-Vellum so one of their programs such as Cobalt might read the old TC files.

Enjoy
Mitch

* September 16, 2019, 06:27:07 AM
I have ViaCAD V6 on an older PC, it might be able to open these files.  If it can, my PunchCAD apps can open TCMac files with a change of attachment, I assume that TCMac will be able to reciprocate.  Give me a link to a few and I'll have a stab at them.