TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

SPAM
Read 474 times
* February 16, 2019, 01:11:28 PM
Wow, lots and lots of spam in 24 hours (1,000+). I guess BrantSaw and GalenJak now own IMSIDesign. It's amazing that this site does not have a Moderator to remove the trash and its posters.

* August 05, 2019, 03:05:05 PM
I see that these clowns have returned and are hell-bent on burying the Forum. I expect that management will leave the SPAM in place like the last time and maybe remove the spammers.

* January 07, 2020, 09:06:45 AM
Is this forum still supported? I've tried to ask serious questions and haven't had my posts make it past moderation.

* January 07, 2020, 11:04:01 PM
This is the only post I have seen from you. The moderates here don't block messages, hence the spam. What questions do you have?

Enjoy
Mitch

* January 16, 2020, 10:19:19 AM
Hello Mitch,

Here are some examples problems I'm having:

A lot of what this job wants compared to past jobs are customer drawings. I've been trying to get used to how they differ from manufacturing drawings. But that's got less to do with this program specifically.

- Being able to manage defaults for various features, especially for drawings.
    +  I am finding little places where some settings are, and some things seem to adjust to me automatically from repeated manual changing. But I wish I knew how to set more defaults manually.

- I haven't been able to make useful views in drawings.
   + I know how to make the default multi-view page and go from their if I want to change the views if I need top-front-left or top-front-bottom for example instead of top-front-right. But if I want to add an extra views that get's very tricky. When I go to add a drawing view, I get an empty window, but I don't know how to add objects to it for dimensioning. 

- It would also be a huge time saver if I knew how to change the default title block.
   + I have to add symbols from the library for our brand every time, and would like to eliminate some of the parts of the default block I won't ever use for customer drawings.

I can try again for a post in general or something. But if can help with some of that here I would appreciate that very much.

* January 16, 2020, 10:10:45 PM
- Being able to manage defaults for various features, especially for drawings.

Use "Set Default" for this. To change a default make the change then right-click on it. In the popup menu click on "Set Default".

- I haven't been able to make useful views in drawings.

To add a view in a drawing you drag it out. Select an existing view so the dashed red box appears. Hold the option key and drag one of the little red boxes out, this will create a new populated view. The view will be an orthographic projection relative to the parent view. You can change it as needed.

It would also be a huge time saver if I knew how to change the default title block.

You can create and save custom title blocks. Create a title block and put at least one view in it, views can be added or deleted later. Set the views to how you intend to use them, top, front, bottom, etc. Size and locate them. Save the drawing to your desktop and quit the program. Open the Application folder and right-click on the TC icon and select "Show Package Contents" double click on contents and again on "Resources" then "Templates". Open the "ModelToSheet" folder and drag your drawing into the folder.

Relaunch TC. When you select the "Model To Sheet" tool your custom title block will be in the Layout dropdown list.

Enjoy
Mitch
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:12:43 PM by mitchb »