TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Unable to Extrude Text in 3D. Object is unselectable
Read 166 times
* May 15, 2020, 01:21:52 PM
Hi forum.
TurboCAD Mac version 10.
I have read through the forum how to create 3d text but my problem seems to be different.
It's a simple Letter B that needs to be seen on one face of solid I have created.
I have drawn a B letter and aligned it to the Y plane. But then, neither during pulling/pushing nor using the extrude feature the text is unselectable.. my cursor snaps the solid, the edge, the lines but not the text.
Am I missing something coarse??
Best regards and thanks
Steve

* May 15, 2020, 08:49:01 PM
In the screenshot, it is hard to tell if the B is inside the solid. I suspect it is which is why you can't select it. pull it out with the "Select Deep" tool and extrude it. Push it back in and add or subtract it as needed. Use the "Gripper" tool for better control.

Enjoy
Mitch

* May 16, 2020, 02:27:59 AM
Thank You Mitch, really appreciated.
No I can simply not grip the B letter. Please see attachment. The letter is now outside the solid.
Once I select pull / extrude I cannot grasp the text...
In Inspection I cannot even see if there is a feature to extract solid.
Any hints?
Best regards

* May 16, 2020, 02:34:03 AM
Even an empty project. Simply putting a plain letter in the origin, cannot convert it to 3D...
Pulling pushing extruding not possible

* May 16, 2020, 09:57:53 AM
The Push/Pull and extrude tool requires the object to be planar. If it isn't on one of the default workplanes then you will need to make a workplane. Please post your drawing for me to look at. An image is not enough information to work with, there may be gaps, overruns, or other issues that I cannot see with an image.

Enjoy
Mitch

* May 16, 2020, 01:33:20 PM
Here it is.
The drawing was simply made putting in 2D plane in the origin a letter B and then converting to 3D view and trying to extrude it.
Thank you

* May 16, 2020, 08:32:51 PM
The letter is just a surface, all the curves used to create it have been deleted. The Push/Pull and Extrude tools look for an enclosed polygon. I used the Thicken tool to "extrude" this surface.

Enjoy
Mitch

* May 29, 2020, 02:08:47 AM
Thanks Mate. You made my day!!!!
Really appreciated