TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

How to change dimensions preferences in v11
Read 52 times
* May 20, 2020, 06:35:08 AM
Hello,
V11, on El Capitan,

I am trying to change the dimensioning preferences, specifically the ability to lower the sig-figs, or round to more even fractions. Many of my drawings are sales facing and so most of that they need is overall dimensions rounded up the nearest inch or centimeter, while clearly showing the shapes of the various external features.

The closest Iíve gotten is the Display Decimal Digits, but that doesnít affect the decimal digits on my drawings. Are there other tools I need to find?

Thanks,
Michael

* May 20, 2020, 03:49:33 PM
The dimension properties are controlled through the Inspector palette. Use the "Standards Manager" (screenshot 1) to create a custom standard. Note that a predefined standard cannot be deleted or saved altered, so save with a new name. Your new standard will appear in the Standards dropdown menu.

Use the inspector dimension properties to change any dimension attribute, (screenshot 2). To save the change as a default, right-click on the dimension,  in the popup menu select "Set Default".

Enjoy
Mitch

* May 21, 2020, 05:54:15 AM
That was very helpful. Thank you.

One of the features I forgot to mention in my first post that wasn't in the drop down menu is dimension color. I've been manually changing it, but if I could automate all of the settings that would speed up drawing a lot.

I tried changing the color to red and right clicked and "set default" and the next dimension didn't seem to follow.

* May 21, 2020, 12:25:37 PM
Dimension color is not one of the selections that can be set with default (See screenshot 2 above). You can select all the dimensions and in the Inspector change the color, all of them will change. The Select Mask tool can help with this, set it for dimensions only, select all, then change color in the inspector.

Enjoy
Mitch